Sunday, November 7, 2010

COMPARE & CONTRAST

One Last Section!!

This is where you get the chance to tell me your opinion. 

There are two questions and you need to be able to compare and contrast your chosen Art Movement to one that you passed on.

1.) Compare and Contrast your Art Movement to one that you did not choose. Tell me about the style of painting/artwork. An example could look something like this:

Mr. Miller - I chose the art movement Impressionism because I like the way the artists used big, broad brush strokes. The colors are usually bright and this makes me feel good. I did not choose Cubism because I could not understand what the paintings were supposed to be. The big, block style figures do not look real.

2.) Compare and Contrast your Artist to one that you did not choose. Tell me about both artist's work; what is so different about them? An example could look something like this:

Mr. Miller - I chose Claude Monet over Edgar Degas because I do not like ballet dancers. Monet used natural scenes and Degas liked to paint inside a dance studio. Monet also used bigger brushes and his paintings were very blurry, unless you stood away from the painting. Degas's work was more controlled.

START THE TOUR: https://sites.google.com/site/millersarthistory/

No comments:

Post a Comment